We like to celebrate the unusual here on Ways to Die. Anything that is a little different, hasn’t been done more and is of interest to you, the reader. Such is the case with this article on zodiac signs of serial killers. For many, this will be of no interest whatsoever, but there are a good number of readers who have asked about this and we felt it was our duty to provide.
This information is not so readily available because any search for “Zodiac Signs of Serial killers” throws-up results of the Zodiac Killer, who we have covered before as well. So, hopefully this article will start showing up instead and you’ll get the info that you need. When that starts to happen, we’ll look to expand it, making sure it covers any and all zodiac signs of serial killers that we know about.
Zodiac Signs of Serial Killers: Intro
What follows is a list of birthdays of serial killers, focusing on their zodiac signs. We’ve also picked out some negative traits of these signs. We’re not suggesting that these are the reason the people mentioned became killers. We actually had a poll and no one in the WTD offices believes in astrology or reads horoscopes, but there are many who do and this really is for them. Plus, no matter what you think, it is a fascinating subject. We love reading and writing about it.
As always, be sure to follow any hyperlinks you see if you want to learn more about a specific serial killer, as they all point to pages here on the Ways to Die website.
Aquarius Serial Killers (Jan 20 to Feb 18)
Aquarius does not like broken promises. It can anger them when someone promises one thing and delivers another. They have a severe distaste for people who are boring and they are always looking for excitement. Could this lead to serial killers who lash out and kill for fun? Could we have a few real life Patrick Batemans?
- Gary Ridgway (Born February 18, 1949): One of the most notorious serial killers in the United States, with a kill count that is said to be the country’s highest. Also known as the Green River Killer.
- Lee Boyd Malvo (Born February 18, 1985)
- David Birnie (Born February 16, 1951)
- Joel Rifkin (Born January 20, 1959)
- John Bodkin Adams (Born January 21, 1899)
- Luis Alfredo Garavito (Born January 25, 1957): Known as “The Beast”, Garavito is one of the most prolific serial killers in history, admitting to the rare, torture and murder of nearly 150 boys and suspected of killing over 400.
Pisces Serial Killers (Feb 19 to March 20)
The Pisces doesn’t like being alone and they hate being criticized. They are compassionate and artistic, but the same has been said for many serial killers. So, which serial killers have the Pisces zodiac sign? Let’s take a look.
- Aileen Wuornos (Born February 29, 1956): An angry woman who had many issues in her past. She killed several men, seemingly without remorse.
- John Wayne Gacy (Born March 17, 1942): A Killer who dressed as a clown. He certainly seemed to be artistic, but compassionate he was not.
- Dennis Radar (Born March 9, 1945): A family man who got away with his crimes for many years. He was caught because of his desire to be infamous and to toy with police. Also known as BTK, or “Bind. Torture. Kill.”
- Stephen Port (Born February 22, 1975)
- Robert Napper (Born February 25, 1966)
- Colin Ireland (Born March 16, 1954)
- Peter Manuel: A Scottish serial killer.
- Doug Clark (Born March 10, 1948)
Aries Serial Killers (Mar 21 to Apr 19)
They are determined and confident, but they can also be short-temper and impulsive. They are leaders who enjoy challenges and may see themselves as the strongest, best and most capable, traits that can be very useful and can lead to success in all walks of life, but ones that can also have a dark side.
- Alexander Pichushkin (Born April 9, 1974): A Russian serial killer who is said to have killed as many as 60 people.
- John Reginald Christie (Born April 8, 1899): An infamous serial killer who was active during the 1940s and 1950s.
- Herbert Mullin (Born April 18, 1947)
- Henri Desire Landru (Born April 12, 1869)
- Judy Buenoana (Born April 4, 1943)
Taurus Serial Killers (Apr 20 to May 20)
Although reliable, Taurus can also be stubborn and possessive. They don’t like anything too complicated, they despise insecurities and they don’t do well with changes. They are devoted, patient and hard-working, traits which can make for a great personality in someone who is stable and good-natured, and an evil manipulator in someone who is not.
- H. H. Holmes (Born May 16, 1861): Said to be America’s first modern serial killer, Holmes created a murder castle and was almost ingenious in his unspeakable evil. An intelligent, devious man who chased money more than anything else.
- Michael Ryan (Born May 18, 1960): The man behind The Hungerford Massacre. He armed himself with assault rifles and launched an attack on his sleepy, suburban community, before killing himself.
- David Copeland (Born May 15, 1976): Known as the London Nail Bomber, Copeland was your average Neo-Nazi scum who made it his mission to kill and maim anyone who wasn’t as white and as crazy as he was.
- Karla Homolka (Born May 4, 1970): A Canadian serial killer who raped and murdered several children along with her husband.
- Albert Fish (Born May 19, 1870): One of the most well known serial killers in the US, his nicknames included The Gray Man and Werewolf of Wysteria. A real life Bogey Man, Fish was a child rapist and a cannibal. If this serial killer birthday matches yours, then you’re entitled to feel a little sick right now.
- Levi Bellfield (Born May 17, 1968): A child killer and rapist in the United Kingdom.
- Orville Lynn Majors (Born April 24 1961):
- Robert Black (Born April 21, 1947): A Scottish serial killer and pedophile.
- Steve Wright (Born April 24 1958): An English serial killer who raped and murdered several women.
- Martha Beck (Born, May 6, 1920)
Gemini Serial Killers (May 21 to Jun 20)
The Gemini is thought to be nervous and gentle, traits you wouldn’t expect to see in a serial killer. Far from being loners, they tend not to like being alone. They also hate being confined and don’t work well with routine, always seeking something different. Their adaptability can help them to fit into any new environment and social circle, which means they can hide any dark side better than most.
- David Berkowitz (Born June 1, 1953): Also known as the Son of Sam. A loner who shot multiple people, apparently because he worshipped satan, but mainly because he had a few screws loose.
- Jeffrey Dahmer (Born May 21, 1960): The stereotypical serial killer. He was a loner, he abused animals as a child, and he performed unspeakable acts on living and dead victims.
- Peter Sutcliffe (Born June 2, 1946): Better known as The Yorkshire Ripper. He killed prostitutes in 1970s England because of what was described as a “severe distaste for women”.
- Richard Chase (Born May 23, 1950)
- Ted Kaczynski: (Born May 22, 1942): Also known as the Unabomber, an American terrorist.
- Trevor Hardy (Born June 11, 1945)
Cancer Serial Killers (Jun 21 to July 22)
The Cancer does not like it when someone criticizes them or the ones they love. They can also be very moody and tenacious. This makes them more prone to lashing out. If you believe in astrology then you might expect this to be one of the main zodiac signs for serial killers. However, we could find very few that serial killers with Cancer as a zodiac sign, none of which were particularly infamous or well known.
- Robert Maudsley (Born June 26, 1953): Responsible for the death of 4 people, three of which he killed while he was in prison for the first murder.
Leo Serial Killers (July 23 to Aug 22)
We often see serial killers as arrogant, struggling to grasp reality. They don’t like being treated like they are not the most important person in the room. Well, these are also traits that you will find associated with Leo. So, does that mean this is a zodiac sign that many serial killers have?
- Myra Hindley (Born July 23, 1942): One of the most infamous female serial killers in the history of the UK.
- Raymond Morris (Born August 13, 1929)
- John George Haigh (Born July 24, 1909)
- Anatoly Onoprienko (Born July 25, 1959): Active in Ukraine and known as Citizen O. One of the world’s worst serial killers based on the number of victims he claimed.
Virgo Serial Killers (Aug 23 to Sep 22)
Many serial killers begin by torturing animals, but one of the traits of Virgo is a love of animals. However, they are also known to be rude and they dislike asking for help, believing that they can go it alone. There is a certain perfectionism associated with them as well, which is something that we often see portrayed in serial killers on the silver screen and in books. But what about real life? Is this one of the main zodiac signs of serial killers?
- Ed Gein (Born August 26, 1906): A loner who the Psycho film was based on. He kept skin from his victims and used it to adorn his home and create a suit of skin.
- Henry Lee Lucas (Born August 23, 1936): Convicted of around a dozen, confessed to many more, but is known to have lied about the majority of these.
- Peter Tobin (Born August 27, 1946): A convicted serial killer and sex offender who was active between 1991 and 2006. He was born in Johnstone, Scotland, and was imprisoned in Edinburgh.
- Rodney Alcala (Born August 23, 1943): Was convicted of killing five people in California during the 1970s.
- Albert DeSalvo (Born September 3, 1931): Better known as the Boston Strangler, he is one of the better known serial killers in the United States. Hs confession was disputed and many believed he didn’t do it, but a DNA test performed in 2013 found that there was a 99.9% chance he did. DeSalvo escaped prison the first time and after being caught and taken to a maximum security prison, he was murdered by another inmate.
Libra Serial Killers (Sep 23 to Oct 22)
Often considered gentle and caring, with a severe distaste for violence, the Libra does not look like someone who would kill, let alone kill multiple times. So, if there was any connection between zodiac signs and serial killers then this would be a good astrological sign to research.
- Fred West (Born, September 29, 1941): A man who murdered alongside his wife and was known to torture and kill young girls, including his own children. One of the worst serial killers ever.
- Beverley Allitt (Born October 4, 1968)
Scorpio Serial Killers (Oct 23 to Nov 21)
Seen as truthful but stubborn, the Scorpio can also get very jealous. They are brave, but they can be violent, resourceful and secretive, which are traits you wouldn’t be surprised to find in serial killers.
- Moses Sithole (Born, November 17, 1964): A deranged serial killer that we looked at in our Black Serial Killers article. He was definitely violent and secretive, but also deranged.
- Robert Pickton (Born, October 24, 1949)
- Fritz Haarman (Born, October 25, 1879)
Sagittarius Serial Killers (Nov 22 to Dec 21)
The Sagittarius likes to be free. They love to travel, see the world. But the same could be said for many killers who have done their bidding in far off corners of the globe. Their love of outdoors can make them strong and independent, while their distaste for clingy people could make them a little less compassionate and empathetic.
- Dennis Nilsen (Born, November 23, 1945): A British serial killer who targeted young gay men he knew no one would miss, before burning or flushing his victims.
- Ted Bundy: A charismatic serial killer who killed many young women and then defended himself in court. He was sentenced to death for his crimes.
- Rose West (Born, November 29, 1953): The wife of Fred West, a woman who mirrored his sickening evil and helped him to kill young girls.
- Derrick Bird (Born, November 27, 1957)
- Edward Kemper (Born December 18, 1948)
- Ray Fernandez (Born December 17, 1914)
Capricorn Serial Killers (Dec 22 to Jan 19)
Capricorns are said to have as many dislikes as there are things in the world. In other words, there will come a time and a mood where everything is hated by them. On the flip side, they are family people who love closeness and tradition, but what happens when these things are broken? Have these traits led to anything more serious in the past? This is the last look for our Zodiac Signs of Serial Killers guide, and it could be the most telling.
- Harold Shipman (Born, January 14, 1946): Known as Doctor Death, he killed hundreds. He was an addict doctor who took the lives of many of his patients using large doses of morphine. We discussed him on our Worst Serial Killers article.
- Stephen Griffths (Born, December 24, 1969): Known as the Crossbow Cannibal, he killed three women in Bradford, England.
- Janie Lou Gibbs (Born, December 25, 1932)
- John Allen Muhammad (Born, December 31, 1960)
- Dean Arnold Corll (Born, December 24, 1939)
- Randall Woodfield (Born, December 26, 1950)
- Ray Copeland (Born, December 30, 1914)
Serial Killer Birthdays: The Worst Day
There isn’t really a single day that stands out as producing the most serial killers. However, you will notice that April 24 and February 18th standout as having produced a few killers. Statistically, that doesn’t mean anything though, so if you’ve just given birth on these days you probably don’t have anything to worry about.
Conclusion: Do Zodiac Signs Have an Impact on Serial Killers?
Before we wrote this article on Zodiac Signs of Serial Killers, we didn’t believe in astrology and we didn’t think there would be a connection. We still don’t believe, but we find it interesting that there are a few connections based on our sample group of around 50 serial killers.
If you look at the list above, you’ll see that there are very few Cancer serial killers. Yet there are many Taurus ones, while Sagittarius and Gemini lay claim to a lot of names and to some of the most well known killers.
We’ll leave it to you to decide if there is a connection or if it’s just coincidence. But if you have a Taurus friend acting a little suspiciously…keep an eye on them.